Refund Check Received on 12-23; Negative Account Reported to Credit bureau on 1-10?
krk4201

I have never experience such a gross overall level on incompetence as i have with Verizon, in all facets on dealing with this company.

On 8-01 I called to cancel my account effective 8-15 as FIOS had still not signed an agreement to carry the SEC network.  I returned home that evening to find my account was already canceled.  After number phone calls throughout the weekend I was finally able to get my services restored.  On 8-15 my account was cancled for good and my equipment was returned within the week.  

This is where my troubles really began.  First in October i received a bill for the second account stating that my CableCard was not returned and i was being charged 100 dollars for the "missing" card.  After many calls and hours spent on the phone i was able to file a dispute and according to my November bill on 10-29 the charge was adjusted off leaving me with a balance of -6.12.  On 12-23 i received a voicemail regarding my missing equipment.  After Christmas i called the number back and was given some  prompts in which i choose the response relating to having already returned my equipment.   A few days later i received a refund check in the mail for 6.12 dated 12-23.  Earlier this week i received a final bill with a balance of $0.00.

THis morning i received a credit alert that Verizon had put a collection note on my credit report for 198.00 dollars realted to this account with a consumer statement of "Dispute of account information" .  First I do not in any way owe this company a dime.  Second the only mode of contact regarding this issue i have had with verizon was responding to a touch tone prompt on my phone, that did not indicate i was in any fashion disputing or acknowlding that i owed verizon anything.  This is extremely shardy adding a remark on my account on my behalf as this was never conveyed in the process as the phone implied that i would be transfered to someone rather than any response on my account.

I have already filed a complaint with both the CA attorney generals office and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  Does anyone else have any idea of how i can get this resolved?

0 Likes
Re: Refund Check Received on 12-23; Negative Account Reported to Credit bureau on 1-10?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi krk4201,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Refund Check Received on 12-23; Negative Account Reported to Credit bureau on 1-10?
krk4201
Thanks, thought difficulty really is an understatement especially considering the separate issues I've experience with the billing department on the first account.

I'm not sure if it matter or not but this account is registered under the first account and not the one referenced above contact info should be the same on both.
0 Likes