Refund and cancel service tech visit
Ksteinme

How long does it take for a refund to go through. I cancelled my service, sent back my equipment, and tried to cancel the tech visit.

I am tired of waiting. I plyed for the $60 prepaid internet service. I immediately cancelled the service cause I was getting a better deal with another company. I was told the refund would be in my account in 7-10 business days. But still don' see it. I cancelled two weeks ago on January 12th. But then I received the equipment and sent it back. On top of having a tech come out to my house to install my service which I cancelled. Who can I talk to about all this. It is really frustrating. I even filed a dispute with my bank in case Verizon doesn't process the refund.

0 Likes
Re: Refund and cancel service tech visit
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are you being told by customer service 1800 Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Refund and cancel service tech visit
jonjones1
Legend

@Ksteinme wrote:

How long does it take for a refund to go through. I cancelled my service, sent back my equipment, and tried to cancel the tech visit.

I am tired of waiting. I plyed for the $60 prepaid internet service. I immediately cancelled the service cause I was getting a better deal with another company. I was told the refund would be in my account in 7-10 business days. But still don' see it. I cancelled two weeks ago on January 12th. But then I received the equipment and sent it back. On top of having a tech come out to my house to install my service which I cancelled. Who can I talk to about all this. It is really frustrating. I even filed a dispute with my bank in case Verizon doesn't process the refund.

You did the right thing in stopping that payment. If you paid by credit or debit card it’s easy to chargeback and or dispute the amounts. Verizon uses the 8 week ploy on it getting instant money from your account. In normal credit/debit transactions it takes around 2 days since the payments take time to first post to the company you paid, then it takes time to reverse it back. Walmart and Amazon is around 1 day complete.

0 Likes