Reprehensible Practice - Returns of Equipment and Discontinuance of Quantam Enhanced Service
vatcher35

About two months ago, I modified my TV service to just local tv and canceled my quantum enhanced service.  Despite sending in my equipment (five set top boxes) in the prepaid box provided by UPS on November 6 and verifying it was received through ups tracking the following day, I received an email on November 21 that indicated 2 of the boxes were received.  I have not received any subsequent emails indicating that the three additional boxes were received, despite being packaged in the same box as the other two and done in the instructed way with serial numbers up.  

Since the 21st, I have called Verizon 3 times and keep being told the same nonsense - wait until the next bill.  Well i waited, and this bill reflrects my account as having both the Quantum Enhanced at 22$ (despite specifically canceling two months ago, and reaffirming the cancellation of the service on my two prior calls) and 3 set top boxes for $38.  

In my call today, December 9, I received ridiculous information from a rep whose training is apparently based upon talking around people.  He thought himself a hero by crediting me 22$ on my current bill for the enhanced service, although that's what i've requested for two months, and I'm owed the 22$ on my prior two bills anyway.

As to the equipment, I was told things along the line of "there's no telling why it's only two, maybe the person didn't get around to it," as well as the expression of surprise that the UPS worker didn't physically open the package and individually scan each verizon box serial code, which seems bizarre and highly unlikely to be the protocol employed.  I was also told that, despite the two week lag in Verizon receiving the box and the apparent check in of the equipment, I would only be creditied as of when someone at Verizon got around to scanning and restocking the box.  So if that took two months (which it apparently did) then i'm paying for the boxes that are sitting on a floor at a Verizon warehouse.  I'm shocked that this would be the case.  

I was told that my account currently reflects that all of my equipment has been returned, but I've been told that on prior calls, and it's yet to be reflected in a bill.  Verizon seemingly has made a business decision that it's unlikely people like me wil sue them for the 120$ overcharges, and simply rips off its customers with regularity.

With all this complaining, I am still in need of the situation being remedied, and nobody at Verizon seems equipped to (1) process my cancellation of services as of the day they were canceled via phone and (2) credit me with the return of the equipment as of the date Verizon received it.  This seems so basic to me, it's shocking that I have to write a long winded complaint.   

0 Likes
Re: Reprehensible Practice - Returns of Equipment and Discontinuance of Quantam Enhanced Service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Response to Verizon's "HELP"
vatcher35

So, unbelievably, after crediting my account properly for the canceled service on my past bill, AGAIN, on this bill, a charge for 3 equipment rentals (returned in November) and Quantum Enhanced Service -  45$ worth of charges - are BACK on my bill!  It is absolutely absurd how poor Verizon's customer service is, not to mention how brazenly this company, seems to steal from its customers.  It's an amazing scam, they force you to inefficiently return set top boxes by mail as opposed to allowing you to return them at a store where you can be given assurance that all boxes are checked into the system, and then claim that they did not receive the packages.  I'm blown away by how terrible this company is.  

PERMANENTLY REMOVE THE CHARGES FROM MY BILL AND CREDIT ME THE FRAUDULENT AMOUNT CHARGED.

@ElizabethS wrote:

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Response to Verizon's "HELP"
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi vatcher35,

Sorry you are again having difficulty with this. We have forwarded this to the team for further investigation.

0 Likes