Residential Verizon Fio's complaint
Floors4all

Good evening to whom it may concern. I am reaching out in frustration because I don't seem to get very far with your customer service reps and despite multiple promises to call me back no one has...going on three days now.
This all started Tuesday, April 12, 2016.
My evening that should of been spent with my son was spent at most times on hold. 2 hours and 22 minutes to be exact. Despite my contact number being requested in case of disconnection... I was disconnected twice with no call back. I spoke with 6 individuals after being blind transferred from one to the next almost feeling as though they'd wished I just hung up. I was asked to provide all types of info from name to FULL social security which I refused.
I've been with Verizon since 2009 and was considering reluctantly going back to Comcast after multiple hardware issues and the over inflated bills. Over the years, I've reduced my services only to see the charges continue to grow. I am a Veteran and a single father simply asking for a quality service in which I can pay for.
I've had to eliminate the cable to save money. I put in to have my services disconnected and made an appt with Comcast for installation because their offer was lower. After consideration, I decided to stay with Verizon but eliminate the cable. I simply wanted what I currently have. 50/50 mbs. Despite telling several reps that... They still pushed the 75 or 100 plans.
I received an email that said if I called before 9pm est I could be eligible for a discount but when I called the number on the email the offices were closed. I started calling this number hours before the documented cut off time.
??? What is the point of the time in the email??? I contacted customer service and began the long waits, disconnects and lack of information.
I was told that the disconnection couldn't be canceled but got no info until the 3rd person who transferred me to someone I couldn't understand and kept talking about fees and a balance of $176 even though I have no balance.
I was given multiple pricing ranging from 45$ to 80$ a month with no clear explanation of what was involved or the offer. I was just quickly shuffled and transferred to someone else.
I was given a work order for a new account that no one could assist with.
{edited for privacy}
Finally I requested to speak with a supervisor and was transferred to Maggie/Casey CSR/supervisor {edited for privacy} that refused to give me information pertaining to an account manager. She also refused to transfer me or give me contact information for an account manager. I asked her flat out "are you refusing to transfer me to a manager?" And she said "yes I am".
After a few minutes of rude behavior, She explained that I had to call the welcome center to process my "new" account The following day.
This is the order of reps I went through.... 1 "mark" who was actually woman disconnected me, didn't call back.
2 "James" put me on hold while getting current offers disconnected me and didn't call back. 3 "Camille {edited for privacy}" gave me the names of the first 2 and transferred me to 4 "Ainoi"
Who gave me a work order {edited for privacy} and discussed several things such as a "balance on my account" and prices but I could barely understand him and next thing I know I was transferred to 5 Maggie who couldn't give me any info other than that my disconnection couldn't be canceled... So at that point I asked for a supervisor when Maggie told me that a supervisor wouldn't tell me anything different… But transferred me anyway after my repeated request.
Finally number six "Casey" she insured me that a new account or my existing account could be re-opened without running a credit check using my current profile.
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
After messaging Verizon Fio's on social media I received the message and opened a chat with "Bryan" he was very attentive and pulled my information. shortly there after contacted me via phone. I tried to explain the situation to him and he apologize. At that time he got in touch with " roslyn" and transferred me while she was on the phone. At that point I explain the situation to Roslyn with the sales rep that kindly insisted on helping me. Apparently there was a credit hold blocking the set up of my Internet service. Roslyn took the time with me on the phone to reach out to the credit department who explained that there was a balance of a little over $53 due to a router that was never returned. After investigation it turned out that the customer service rep at the wrong account and that information was linked to a Nother Tom Gallagher at a different address with a different account number. The credit rep cleared the credit hold at that time and she disconnected. Rosallyn the sales rep stayed on the phone with me but the computer system did not update, it did not clear the credit hold. Roslyn obtained my contact information and stated she would call me back around 130 that day with an update. She did call me back around 3 PM that afternoon and advised me that the system hadn't updated. She told me that if he couldn't be resolved today she will call me in the morning… Today. I never received A callback.
April 14, 2016
This is the second day with no Internet service and no one has called me back. Everything is disconnected my cable service my Internet service in my email account. I've spent a considerable amount of time on the phone and on hold… Being disconnected or shuffled between multiple Verizon associates.
I spent many hours on the phone in and outside of work trying to resolve this issue.
Once again I contacted Verizon… 4/14/16 and once again I've had to repeat and explain the entire situation. I provided dates times account numbers and workorders repeatedly.
Today I spoke with "Scott" Scott asked several employees to help with my situation but to no avail. I spent a little over 30 minutes on the phone with him and he told me that he would research the issue and call me back. He insisted that he will call me back. Once again I haven't received a phone call. I have all the necessary information from account numbers to work order numbers… Emails and screenshots of dates and times I've spent trying to resolve this issue. The first two hours and 22 minutes I spent Tuesday, April 12 were listening to five customer service reps and one supervisor tell me what they couldn't do… But at no point did they tell me how they could help me or who could resolve the problem.
I think this is a simple issue where I just want a monthly price that is reasonable and the knowledge that there won't be an interruption to my service. It should not be so difficult and lacking in customer service that that can't be accomplished.
I have no balance and no need for installation I was told that this issue could be resolved and escalated to the central office where they could simply turn on my Internet service.
At one time I raved about the quality of service I received through Verizon… And I would like someone to explain to me why I should continue to do so and how this matter can be resolved as quickly as possible. Myself and my 11-year-old boy Would appreciate help.
I would appreciate anyone that reads this to offer any assistance they can.
Sincerely
{edited for privacy}
Single father and veteran
And that should matter

0 Likes
Re: Residential Verizon Fio's complaint
Floors4all
I can easily provide account numbers and contact information
0 Likes
Re: Residential Verizon Fio's complaint
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes