Return Payment Fee/Not Due to Insufficient Funds
JustaRegularGuy1

I was charged a $30 Returned Payment fee last month. We changed bank accounts and I enteresed the new account number one digit off, so our payment didn't go through. When I found out, I immediately made the payment again. I called and spoke to someone about the fee and was told it could not be reversed. We have been loyal customers for years and I always make our payments on time. This was a human error. I'd like to have this fee reversed. Pleae advise.

0 Likes
Re: Return Payment Fee/Not Due to Insufficient Funds
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JustaRegularGuy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Re: Return Payment Fee/Not Due to Insufficient Funds
jonjones1
Legend

By your own admission the error was on your part and not verizons. The returned payment fees are not refundable although many companies do this I cannot say it’s $30. I see some companies charge 5% of the bill (like a late penalty) and some states only allow certain amounts to be assessed. But if they are following the rules it would be a “courtesy” if any company returns it.

0 Likes