Returned Equipment but Verizon states has yet to be received?
cw4210001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the packing boxes from verizon in the mail 4/28/15. Stopped by my local UPS store to drop off the box which includes the router and set top box 4/29/15. They received the box 4/30/15 12:22pm and signed by BANKS.4/30/15 Verizon sent me email stating they received some but not all even though it was all sent in the same verizon box.

This is the message I received:

This is to inform you that we have received some, but not all, of your equipment. To date the following item(s) have been received:

Wireless Router 1 xxxxxx-4255

The following equipment has yet to be received. You must return the equipment undamaged to Verizon by May 30, 2015 or you will be charged as follows:

• (Rent): HD Set Top Box 1 xxxxxxx-ZPRW
  • Wireless Router 1 xxxxxx-4255

• To review or make changes to your account, you can visit verizon.com/myverizonat any time.

We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to serve you.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

I simply don't understand how do you not receive the router when it was listed as received and the set top box is not received even though they were in the same box that verizon sent me.

5/1/15 I called verizon and spoke to Joey who hung up and never called back. Called again and spoke to {edited for privacy}who told me the router was received. What about the set top box? He said it shows as disabled and waiting to be recorded. He told me to take his word for it that I am not responsible for any equipment that was returned to verizon.

I want confirmation via email stating all equipment was received and I am cleared, can you do that???

Waiting.....

Re: Returned Equipment but Verizon states has yet to be received?
RFM4

Did you get a receipt from the UPS store ? If you did and it lists the items, then you are no longer legally responsible for those items. Send them a copy of the receipt. If you did not get a receipt in the future always request one with these companies and NEVER use a drop box. Those things get broken into on a semi regular basis, we just don't hear about it.

0 Likes
cw4210001
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPS store just scanned the bar code and thats it. The receipt is the label given by verizon.

0 Likes
RFM4

That's too bad. If you ask for a receipt, they will give you one. It proves that you dropped off the items at that UPS store. No paper receipt, no proof. I learned that lesson in dealing with Comcast years ago. I'm a Verizon customer right now, but not much longer. Who needs either of them ? The prices are ridiculous. There's too much free stuff on the net now and Netflix , Amazon have pretty good content if you're not interested in mainstream TV.

0 Likes
cw4210001
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are absolutely right. I should have asked for receipt. I thought the label from Verizon is considered a receipt. I do have the tracking number which proves it was delivered. It was a good thing I wrote tacking number down otherwise the receipt from Verizon does not have that tracking number. All I need is data and netflix!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes