Router Return Issue
spazzo

I got a Verizon Fios connection this July, it's a TV and internet connection so I got the Cable box and router package from Verizon. I got a router to cut costs on 10$ per month rental, I contacted the customer service through chat and I was told I was going to be shipped a return label to ship the router back.

It came in a few days, so I placed the router in the box and used that return label to ship it back.

I had the tracking # with me, I called verizon after a few days to confirm if they recieved it, the guy from the customer service said he recieved it and I thought my job was done and threw away the tracking receipt.

And the next month they charged me for the label, I called the customer service and they said they are looking into the 'issue' and gave me the credit for the month for the router.

Then came the next month and they charged me again, so I called them again and they say they did not recieve the router and they will look into it and get back to me.

As the payment date passed I chatted with an agent again, who was asking me for the tracking number.

(unfortunately I didn't record the tracking # , I did not know that I have to keep it even after a person from verizon vocally 'confirmed they recieved the router the first time)

I was told that they do not record the tracking numbers on the return labels and they have no way to track the package.

So here I am, frustrated, at myself in not keeping the tracking number to the end of my life. I don't understand why do I have to pay for something I have returned, and its the issue with who ever did not log or maintain the return equipment properly. The lady I talked to last was repeating the same thing again and again like a computer and she was angry at me that she was repeating it again, I asked her to help me as I dont have the tracking number and she was not ready to listen.

I see there are people like that on the forums, any help with this kind of case is really appreciated

0 Likes
Re: Router Return Issue
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes