Sales Misrepresentation
bernard76

Hello,

I recently purchased the FIOS triple play thru the Pittsburgh, PA South Hills Village Verizon store. I was told by the sales rep that I also would get as part of the purchase a FREE tablet. That sounded great and I asked him to write it on the sale/install packet, which he did. He did not have any other literature available and said he said I would get a voucher in the mail for the tablet. 

When I fiinally did get the voucher, the voucher stated  I would have to buy a wireless service in order to get the table. The sales rep never mentioned anything about needing to buy a wireless service.  I took the voucher to the Verizon store and was basically told they could do nothing and gave me a number to call. This number turned out to be the general number for Verizon!.  More evasion.  

Selling something and then saying  you can not have it unless you buy something additiional is misleading, misrepresenatove and fraudulent.  

Who do I contact to formally report this type of sales behavior and get some resolutiion to false promises? 

Dave

0 Likes
Re: Sales Misrepresentation
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes