Signing Up for Fios Under a Different Name Within My Household
gteshager1

Hello, quick question. Right now, internet is essential to our home during remote learning however I'm planning on signing up for fios under a different name within my household. If I were to send a self install kit to my home, can I just cancel my current service once the kit comes into my home?

0 Likes
Re: Signing Up for Fios Under a Different Name Within My Household
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello, welcome to the Forums. I think you should post under General Products and Services or Verizon Accounts.

While I am not sure of the viability of using other household members to qualify a new customer discount, I do conjecture that, without a Verizon technician come in to pull a new fiber line, your internet connection will disconnect for hours, if not days, for Verizon to configure/map the existing fiber line to a different account.

0 Likes
Re: Signing Up for Fios Under a Different Name Within My Household
jonjones1
Legend

The person who wants to set up service must be able to pass a credit check, and it would be better to first cancel service under the person who has it now, pay the final invoice and then re-sign up under another person’s information.

some people have swapped their accounts via dropping service and restarting service on same day via household member or friend. If you try to set up service prior to termination of service there maybe a request for residency or even identity.

go here are look it up via forum search http://www.dslreports.com/verizon

and research.

0 Likes