Speak to a human about writing a letter?
BobbyR118
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a verizon account closed and verified that the final amount due was paid.  I started Verizon service at another address a few months later.  Then, a few months ago, I received a call from CBE Group about a past due balance with Verizon.  I confirmed that my account was current and suspected this to be a scam. 

Last week, a credit report was pulled for security clearance and it shows on my credit report that I have a past due account with Verizon.  I called the number on the credit report and was connected to CBE Group.  After discussing the situation with the CBE representative, I decided to make the payment requested despite not being able to confirm any information with Verizon.

After about 2 hours of time online yesterday, I was able to get access to My Verizon online for the old account and pull up the balance due.  I had already made payment through CBE Group, so I wasn't that worried about it though.  Then when I called CBE Group today to confirm the payment, they said they had a "technical malfunction" that prevented them from processing the payment.  While the CBE Group representative was online, I made the payment through My Verizon on the website.

However, because of the negative credit report, I need confirmation in writing that the debt has been paid.  There is no receipt available from My Verizon, just a "screenshot" which my security officer said is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  I need a document from the creditor that the debt is paid. 

At this point, I would like just to verify that a human being still works for Verizon.  Every time I call the 1-800 Verizon number, it transfers my call to CBE group.  There is no other means to contact Verizon anywhere on their website.

0 Likes
Re: Speak to a human about writing a letter?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
BobbyR118
Enthusiast - Level 1

The agent offered me the following help: Call 1-800-Verizon.  Really.  Here is the text of their email.

"Our Consumer Financial Services office will be able to resolve your concern. You may contact this department directly at 800-837-4966, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM. You will be prompted for your telephone number by our Voice Response Unit. To ensure protection of your personal account information and expedite the handling of your request, please have your Verizon account number or bill available. The department to which we have referred you will be happy to help you. If you have any additional questions, please let us know. We look forward to serving you."

OK, to begin with, they suggest that the 1-800-VERIZON number is a "direct" line to somewhere.  If someone gives me a direct number, I expect that number to cause a phone to ring on the desk of someone in that department.  Anything else is NOT a "direct" number. 

Secondly, 1-800-Verizon does not allow me to (indirectly) reach the Consumer Financial Services department, or any other department at Verizon.  After entering my number, the Voice Response Unit informs me that my account is being handled by CPE Group and connects me to them.  It does not offer me any other option. 

Nice response, Verizon.  I write that 1-800-Verizon is not helping me, and they reply by telling me to call 1-800-Verizon. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BobbyR118,

Thanks for letting us know.  We are looking into getting this resolved for you.

0 Likes