Still being billed after cancellation of service
bjs12

I canceled my service and received a confirmation on June 18th. My service was paid for until June 23rd and the Verizon representative I spoke to told me all I needed to do was return the router (the router was returned and I received confirmation on July 3rd). So you could imagine my surprise when I received another monthly bill on June 25th. I knew this was a mistake and called Verizon until I was finally able to speak to someone, the representative agreed and said it would not be a problem. I received another billing notice on July 25th and assumed that Verizon had just not dealt with it yet. Today I received another billing notice and tried to call Verizon again but of course was not able to speak to a representative. I refuse to spend any more of my time calling and going through horrible automated system for a service I canceled months ago. From what I can see on this forum, Verizon has pulled this on a lot of other customers too. I wonder how many have just paid the extra bills to stop having to deal with Verizon. Whether just lack of organization or outright fraud this is pretty unacceptable.

0 Likes
Re: Still being billed after cancellation of service
jonjones1
Legend

Contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search. They are regulated in my state as the Department of Public Service so after you find them call them and have them contact Verizon.

they will require proof of what you state send or fax copies or attach to emails.

once verified they will contact Verizon and will have them call you from executive escalations department make sure to pick up your phone and be available to speak.

if you are in the right and Verizon refuses to correct, this government agency has authority to fine Verizon, and other remedies. 

0 Likes
Re: Still being billed after cancellation of service
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bjs1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes