Still being billed after discontinuing service due to move
adambpratt

My wife and I moved to a new city back in July that doesn't have FiOS, so a couple weeks before our move I called to cancel our FiOS service. When I called, I was told that the date of my cancellation (7/19), was actually the end of the billing cycle, so the bill I received on 7/13 would be my last bill. Sure enough, our service is cut off on 7/19 and I return the equipment (which was its own hassle by itself). I received confirmation that the equipment was received. Everything seems to be in order.

A couple weeks after the move, I signed in to my Verizon account just to make sure everything was taken care of. Sure enough, I see a bill for service from 7/19 to 8/18 (remember my service was cut off on 7/19, so there was no service from 7/19 to 8/18 for which I should have been billed). I called customer support and they transferred me to their "financial services" divison because, as the account was disconnected, they could not see any details for my "final bill." I spoke with a gentleman at financial services who, after reviewing my account, agreed that the bill was an error and told me that the system "just needed to reset itself" at the next billing cycle. After that, he said, my account would be updated to reflect the cancellation and the bill would disappear. I didn't have to do anything.

A couple weeks later, I receive an overdue notice for the bill, along with a warning that nonpayment would be reported on my credit. I immediately called customer service, who again transferred me to billing, who again transferred me to financial services. This time, the financial services rep told me that she could not help me and that I would have to talk to customer service. The customer service rep then told me I needed to talk to financial services. She never transferred me and the call was disconnected. I relented and paid the bill to avoid the negative credit report.

I have two issues:

1) I want to make sure my account is disconnected and will no longer be billed; and

2) I want a refund of the bill for the extra month I was charged after my service was disconnected.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Re: Still being billed after discontinuing service due to move
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi adambpratt,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes