Stop lying to customers
cundel

I have been happy with 25/25 internet Service. I was informed in my August Billing that I had to be changed over to 50/25, BUT

there would be NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. LIE......My bill has gone from 34.99 to 45.00 also my HD charges have gone from

60,00 to 64.99...My 24 month bundle credit has gone from -10.00 to -5.00.

We are retired and on a fixed income and my Verizon Bill just keeps going UP & UP each month.

Guess I'll just start  looking for a less expensive provider, your service is getting out of hand and, the customer service lying is something else I just can't tolerate.   

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stop lying to customers
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes
hey_moe1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know where you are coming from. To me this should be in a forum for the public to see because it has affected to many customers. Either Verizon isn't training their employees right or they could careless. I don't know which one it is. I have worked for the public for over 38 years and I know how hard some customers are to please. But to start right off the bat giving them the wrong info and make promises that won't work isn't the way to handle a customer. For every customer you loose you loose ten times that amount in the long run. Verizon looks at what percent of lies a customer is being told. If the percentage isn't high enough they don't bother to correct it. Believe it or not Cox, Direct TV...ect..ect is no better. I can say that Direct TV has the best customer support out of all three and you can surf the internet and see what I am saying. What really gets me is their customer supports backs up the lie and try's to turn it around on you. I made the mistake a few years back and had Verizon shut down everything over a 5.00 charge they kept trying to say I owed. I went without phone and internet for two weeks. This time Cox will come down and install everything before I have it shut down.

dsmith0283
Enthusiast - Level 2

You want lies...Coming from over 10yr customer with plenty of interactions with verizon over the years.

1. Verizon sales support said I would get a free Samsung Galaxy 5 (through rebates) if I signed a 2 year contract but when the box arrived there was only a $50 rebate in the box from the $250 cost of phone. Girl literally said, there will be 3 different rebates form in box. When I called back management said they never heard of such a thing, how could she mistake that information?! She clearly just flat out lied to get me to sign up.

2. Verizon came to my home to re-route wires, guy promised me it would only be around $175, nope, bill came in at over $500 just for labor to run wires.

3. I was grandfathered in on my old cell, $20+tax for 150 minutes. Verizon promised I could go back to that plan if I try out a better package. Not True! Get someone else on phone, then they say "oh well you can appeal that because your in the 60 day period" yet verizon never got back to me about what their decision was and kept billing me new price.

And what's worse of all...I spoke to management recently and they tell me, it doesn't matter what verbal contracts are made over phone, verizon won't refund based on sales error, so verbal contracts are lost on verizon.

Keep in mind, verizon RECORDS PHONE CALLS.

Verizon lies, Verizon doesn't care and hiring customer support agents that will do/say ANYTHING to bind you in a contract for any of their services. And guess what, there is NOTHING you can do about it but to close your account and get out while you can.

I haven't even mentioned all the **bleep** rules they apply to everything, any little change to service will extend a contract or close out any promotions you were getting. Verizon is also getting tight with everything (remotes aren't free anymore, no more free movie channels to try out, box rentals keep getting raised.

My advice, focus on one time fee devices, not monlthy costs or worse contracts.

Get an antenna, roku and internet for your television.

Go with another company for your cell, (if you must have a smartphone), cheaper if you have older phone.

Phone: Use skype over the internet (assuming you need home phone) or get a device like Magic Jack

I am not an expert on technology, just trying to give options to those who have been lied to and looking for a way out.

This is not about selling you on competing cable service/phone providers or a particular product.

I hope this helps customers as a beginners guide to get out of a high costs of Verizon, lies and extemely tight rules/conditions that they hold over us. Please do your research Via Youtube and Google, you can have all these services for FRACTION of what your paying now with the right plan.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes
e4ta
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just figured out I was lied to as well, by customer service over the phone.  I was due for my upgrade.  The customer service representative asked me if I would like to join the EDGE program where I could supposedly pay what I owed for the upgrade in four monthly payments.  I supposedly owed ONLY $200 to upgrade from my iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 and would receive $100 back on my bill for returning the iPhone 4 and would pay $25 a month to pay the $100.  Well, 4 months have passed and still no $100 refund.  Also turns out I have to pay full price for the iPhone 5.  LIE LIE LIE.  I asked several times, "So, what's the catch?"  The customer service representative assured me several times that there is no catch, everything would stay the same.  It's just a nice way to pay the $100 you will owe for the new phone instead of paying it all at once.  Also turns out there is more to this EDGE program.  I can't upgrade to a new phone until at least 60% of the $600 iPhone 5 is paid for.  Now, why in the heck would I want to pay full price for a phone that I could have upgraded for $100 under my current (previous) plan, as I usually do?  All sorts of heck will go down tomorrow when I call Verizon.  This is total fraud.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi e4ta,

As posted above, these forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes