Switching user account information
Drummo65

Looking for guidance on how to switch my fios account from my name to my fiancee's name. I'm out of work due to several surgeries and my fiancee' wants to take over responsibility for the account going forward.

Thank you for your support 

0 Likes
Re: Switching user account information
jonjones1
Legend

@Drummo65wrote:

Looking for guidance on how to switch my fios account from my name to my fiancee's name. I'm out of work due to several surgeries and my fiancee' wants to take over responsibility for the account going forward.

Thank you for your support 

This may not be easy to do. Are you in a contract? If so Verizon may want you to close out the account and pay early termination fee if required. (Do not take their word that one will not be accessed. Just google and find others were charged) now if not in a contract you could cancel the service and have your fiancée open a new Fios account with probably better pricing. However hopefully your fiancée has good credit because Verizon will pull a hard credit report to see for qualifying service.

lastly if you find a representative who will not lie to you they may be able to transfer service to the other party like they allow on the wireless side. Hopefully all will work out for you.

0 Likes
Drummo65

Thank you so much for the feedback. Yes unfortunately I’m in a 2 year contract which makes it difficult. I’m going to have to call them to see if they’re willing to work with me on this issue. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Drummo65wrote:

Thank you so much for the feedback. Yes unfortunately I’m in a 2 year contract which makes it difficult. I’m going to have to call them to see if they’re willing to work with me on this issue. 

Yep I would only advise you to get everything in writing. Do not just assume all was transferred over to the other person. You could try to go to a Fios store and do it together. Fios may require the equipment returned before setting up a new account for your fiancée. So there may be a lag in service off then on. Also if you return the equipment get a receipt showing the exact pieces returned with serial numbers and get it signed by the store manager. And don’t let them say they can’t print out a receipt they are lying. In the store I visited I said print it out and sign it. The time I said that the store said the printer was acting up etc. I waited and got the receipt. 

So you have to be very cautious. Stand your ground. Even if threatened with the store calling the police. I told them to call them, it makes it easier for me. But this was many years ago in the wireless store. 

0 Likes
Drummo65

Good advice. Thank you so much for the heads up 

0 Likes