TWO Unauthorized Credit Inquiries
vv44

I'm writing because I just became aware of two separate HARD credit inquiries made by Verizon FIOS. The first one happened in September 2015 when I first got Fios at my apartment -- during my initial conversation with the rep who visited my building, I specifically asked him whether a credit inquiry would be required (either hard or soft) and was assured that neither would be required. I specifically asked because I would not have gone through with the process if it were required. Separately, a Verizon FIOS representative visited my house this summer (August 2016) to see if we would be interested in a new promotion in the area and I again specifically asked him before signing up whether a credit inquiry would be involved and was once again told that it would not be required. This second experience was absolutely terrible in terms of not being able to schedule an installation appointment to canceling my order to reinstating my order and picking an arbitrary installation date (all without my knowledge) -- I ended up returning the equipment and deciding not to switch to Verizon, however I am now left with TWO unauthorized inquiries on my credit report. 

I've been trying in vain for weeks to get in touch with someone at Verizon who I can speak to without success -- I've been transferred numerous times to a credit department that either does not exist or to someone who picks up and immediately hangs up the phone. 

I'd like to try again to speak with someone here to resolve the issues before I escalate this to the executive level if required. 

0 Likes
Re: TWO Unauthorized Credit Inquiries
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi vv44,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes