Temporary Suspension Serious Billing Issue
JustBeFair

I used the Temporary Suspension feature for the first time.  I called on 10/16 and asked to be suspended from 11/1/17 to 5/1/18.  I was told that would be done and received a confirming email which I did receive.  I was told that I would receive a bill on 11/3 that would require me to pay $58.63 which is the suspension fee and that I would not receive any other bill until I was reactivated.  On 11/3, I received a bill of $165 for service from 11/4-12/3, a period for which my service was to be suspended. There was $0 previous balance on the bill.   Because I am traveling, it too a while for the bill to catch up to me (and of course I wasn't expecting it).  On 11/29, I called and explained the situation.  I was told that the mistake would be fixed and the billing error would be resolved.  I was told that I should expect my next bill to be for $58.63 Suspension charge.  I received the 12/3 bill and it included the past due amount for service 11/4-12/3 plus service charges for 12/4-1/3/18 - all in the period that was to be suspended. It did have an adjustment of $18 for the period 11/29-12/3.  So on 12/6 I called.  I was again told that the amount would be adjusted and back dated for the period 11/1.  I was told to pay the $58.63 and there would be no further charge.  I paid the amount of $58.63, the suspension charge, electronically and it posted on 12/8.  I received no other paper bill, but did receive an email stating my bill was overdue.  On 1/5 I attempted to call, but the wait time was over 1 hour. I connected by Chat to an Agent.  I explained the situation.  The agent told me that my service was disconnected on 10/17 and reactivated. Obviously not what I ordered and Verizon's mistake.  I was told that the suspension could not take place for 30 days after that, which is why I was billed.  The agent told me that all adjustments were made and I owed $69.  We went around and around (I can provide the 27 pages of chat) with no satisfation.  Facts from my side are as follows:

10/16 asked for Temprary Suspension from 11/1 to 5/1/18.  agreed to and confirmed.

11/3 Bill - $0 balance forward and Billed for service from 11/4-12/3

11/29 Tel call explaining error in billing - Verizon says to be fixed.

12/3 Bill - amount of 11/3 bill + bill for service 12/4 to 1/3/18 - $18 adjustment

12/6 Tel call explaining error in billing - Verizon to fix.  I was told to pay $58.63   Temporary Suspension charge (payment posted 12/8)

12/9 Verizon issued a partial credit of $81 ( I am assuming this is for 12/4-1/3 service)

1/4 Action required email received for Bill outstanding of $69

1/5 Chat session with no resolution.  Was told Amount due would be froze Iand I would be contacted by email.  No contact yet.

To my point - I asked for and was granted temporary suspension fro 11/1 to 5/1/18.  I owed nothing prior.  I agreed to pay the charge and when told to pay it - did.  I should owe nothing.

How do I resolve?

0 Likes
Re: Temporary Suspension Serious Billing Issue
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JustBeFair,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes