The billing issue saga continues after 30 calls and 2 months of no resolution
prakny
Stages Account # Situation Monthly Billing
1 {edited for privacy} Had a triple play verizon fios bundle and was working fine in my old apartment $106 (incl. Tax)
2 {edited for privacy} Moved to new apt in the same complex and account number changed. The triple play became double play and and "verizon Freedom essentials" with a new number and a telephone line charge of $40. I also lost my DVR functionality ~$150
3   The issues with step 2 were:
1) My triple play was not the same
2) My billing increased and I got a new number that I did NOT need.
3) I lost my old number which I used everywhere as my contact. 

4 {edited for privacy} After multiple failed attempts to call verizon and reinstate my account in the condition that it was before the transfer and get my old phone number (verizon indicated that they cannot transfer the number due to some data center issue), I had to reactivate my old account with a new account number so that the phone number could be ported to a different carrier. I got a bill for that as well which I DO NOT understand why am I being billed for Verizon's inability to port the number.  ~$18.78
5 {edited for privacy} I was able to remove the "freedom essentials" telephone line from my account, and instead of reducing my bill by ~$40, it increased it to about $200. It dropped off all the plan and package and charged me the maximum possible price. All through out, I have made multiple calls but I just get passed on from one rep to another and NO ONE can fix my account.  ~$200
6   After multiple calls to get this resolved, I spoke to {edited for privacy} in Livingston, NJ office on 9/16/15 and she understood my issue and said that she would get this resolved and that she would contact me on 9/18/25. Today is 9/30/15 and I am still waiting for the issue to get resolved.  
7   All I want is to get package promised in order {edited for privacy} for $90 including tax, get DVR activated or get a double play @ 50 as promised. If unable to aince it has been more than a couple of months and over 20 - 25 phone calls with multiple reps and trying to explain the situation over and over again, I might have to unfortunately cancel my account due to terrible customer service on billing.   
0 Likes
Re: The billing issue saga continues after 30 calls and 2 months of no resolution
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi prakny,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes