Three Techinicians, and Still NO RESOLUTION (Another Gift Card Promise Broken!)
jsmedley

Good morning,

I am an active duty military member who recently moved and started services with Verizon Fios to bundle with my wireless plan.  I called the technician on 26 September in the interest of starting service, and was told over a VERY long phone call that I was eligible for the "new 2 year plan" incentive of a tablet, or a $200 visa prepaid card.  While it did seem that this agent was new (she was confused on a couple things, and regularly put me on hold, hence the nearly 2-hour phone conversation), but I asked SEVERAL times over to ensure that it was, in fact, a gift card that I was opting for, as I am not interested in signing up for additional devices or services.  She even verified that I would not receive the gift card until 3 months had passed, and I am familiar with that stipulation having had Fios in the past, and having received a gift card then...

I finished out that phone call with repeated affirmation about the gift card. Having faith in the technician, I never cared to check the follow-up email of my Fios Bundle and promos.  However, upon calling today to double-check the status, I was informed that my account does not show ANY record of that gift card.

I spoke with three technicians: Anthony, from Billing Dept.  Jason, from Promo Dept.  Annadora, from Promo Dept.

NONE of them offered me any recourse, and so I stated that I would file a formal complaint.  I do not feel it is right to dupe customers into signing up for a plan with the allure of false promises.  They told me the technician either messed up in repeatedly offering the gift card, or that I was mistaken. 

I do not feel I am being treated with respect or understanding in this matter.  If it is not resolved within a couple days, I will see to it that local military members are advised to steer clear of Fios, and file a report to the BBB.

0 Likes
Re: Three Techinicians, and Still NO RESOLUTION (Another Gift Card Promise Broken!)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jsmedley,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
"Resolved," According to Whom?
jsmedley

I am beyond frustrated with the shady business practices of Verizon.  If indeed the phone calls are "recorded," then it should be obvious that I was promised a gift card several times over for signing on a 2-year contract.  However, I have had agents over the phone and through this forum tell me that I am wrong, that somehow, my monthly discounts more than make up for the false promises I received when agreeing to this contract.   I am very dissatisfied, and I feel very slighted, as I have made it clear time and time again that I am active duty military and have certainly been a loyal customer on my end when my duty station allows for it.  Instead of being treated with respect as an inquiring customer, I have basically been accused of either mishearing or lying. 

I want what I was promised.  I do not think that is too much to ask, considering that gimmick was what enticed me to sign up for cable again.

0 Likes