Trying to get help for 4 MONTHS! Billing/Account problem
sheilaandalex
Please help me figure out how to get in touch with someone who can actually fix the problems I'm having with Verizon billing. I moved in Jan 2017 & transferred my services to my new address. Or so I thought. Now have 2 accounts with Verizon FIOS. One for my old address & one for my new. I am being charged for both addresses, and the accounts are linked so that I am forced to pay for both addresses to keep the services on at just the one address where I live. I have called Verizon DOZENS of times & spent many, many hours trying to get someone to fix this mess. Most of the time I am put on permanent hold. One customer service rep spent over an hour on the phone trying to help. But, no luck. I've had reps say it's fixed, but it's not. I've had reps say they'll call back; they never do. I spent several hours travelling back & forth to a FIOS store in hopes that they could help, only to find out that all you can do there is turn in or pick up equipment (which explains why they didn't answer the phone when I called the location prior). I've tried to get a copy of all of my charges & payments during the time I've had FIOS, which is only about a year. No one can seem to provide even that. At the very least I'd like to figure out how many hundreds of dollars I've overpaid. I've tried to get the account at the old address cancelled. Each time I'm told it is completely cancelled, but then I get a new bill for a new month with charges for the old address. Verizon acknowledges that I did indeed ask to transfer my services, so therefore it is their error. I'm trying to get credit for January-May that I paid for the old address, but I can't seem to get anyone to understand that I am owed this money because I wasn't supposed to have to pay it in the first place. I must have internet access for my job, so withholding payment is not an option. At this point, the overbilling is causing me to forego paying other expenses. I could just walk away from Verizon, but then they'd keep billing since they are doing that with an account they say is closed, eventually cut off services, and send me to collections. I don't want that. The only other option I can think of is contacting the State Corporation Commission. Are there other avenues? I know the BBB is a bought & paid for scam, so that's out. All I want is to have service at my home & to pay for that service. It should not be this difficult.
0 Likes
Re: Trying to get help for 4 MONTHS! Billing/Account problem
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi sheliaandalex,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon FIOS - get out while you can!
sheilaandalex

Transferred service to my new address in January.  Been double billed & charged for extra services ever since.  I call & call & call.  Spend hours on hold.  Spend hours with billing.  No one can fix anything!  Come to this board for "help" and get referred to a one-on-one chat.  That did NOTHING, because they tell me I have to talk to billing.  And around & around it goes.  Even though I am paying nearly $300 per month for services that are only $150, but the false charges have now made my past due balance $1500.

Do you see the absolute absurdity?  My bill is to be $150 per month.  I am paying double that and still every month I fall hundreds of dollars behind!

I haven't got any more HOURS to spend on the phone.  And when I ask for an email address, I'm told that Verizon doesn't have email.  An internet and email service provider that does not have email?  Priceless.

How utterly inept this company is.  I'd rather deal with Comcast.  At least they have offices where you can pop in and talk to a human.

0 Likes