Unable to terminate Verizon Residential High Speed Internet since Aug 2013
arslan920

Verizon did not terminate my Residential High Speed Internet service after couple failing requests since Aug 2013.

I moved to a new address on Sep 1, 2013 and contacted Verizon on Aug23, 2013 to terminate my High Speed Internet service, only the landline phone service is remained for my medical need. The Verizon rep confirmed that the internet would be terminated on Sept 1,2013 and provided me with the ref number: NY00222437295. However, when I checked the bill in October, Verizon was still billing me internet service. So, I contacted Verizon again on Oct 7, 2013. The rep replied that the original termination request was still valid and the internet charge would be taken off immediately. However, in Jan 2014, Verizon did not terminate the internet service and was still billing me for the internet service for $167.58. I contacted Verizon again on Jan7,2014 and confirmed the charge is erroneous and all internet charge since Sept 1, 2013 would be taken off (Verizon ref number: NY00230351989). However, as of today, Verizon is charging me Internet service and never terminate the service.

I clarfy that I never use any Verizon Internet service since moving to the new address on Sept 1,2013. I already filed the complaint against Verizon to New York Customer Affairs Department. Any advise to further action is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Unable to terminate Verizon Residential High Speed Internet since Aug 2013
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi arslan920,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to terminate Verizon Residential High Speed Internet since Aug 2013
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

arsian920,

We haven't heard from you in a while, and having gone so long without contact from you we are now closing your Private Support Case. If you have any additional questions please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes