Unauthorized Account Change by Non-Account Owner
Aharr057

On 9/30/17 I received an email from Verizon about my pending order. Upon viewing the email, it stated that my new charges were going to be over $60 more a month, but I couldn't understand what order the email was referencing as I did not make any attempts to change anything. While voicing my confusion, my roomate admitted to me that they called and had the package changed so they could add ESPN. They were told it'd be an extra $25/mo and they would give me the money. However, it didn't matter about the money, what was worse was that they called and had something changed that did NOT have their name on the account nor were they given permission by me to do so. I am on a strict budget and adding additional charges just so one person can get one channel is not a priority for me at this time. 

I called Verizon first thing Sunday morning and was told on multiple attempts that I had to call back Mon after 8am. So I went online and was able to start a chat with a rep named Phil. Phil was very nice and reassuring and was doing everything he could to get my bill back where it was. He did tell me that my plan was grandfathered, which I did not understand why that mattered because changes were made to my account without my knowledge or consent. So there should be some way to revert the account back to it's prior status. Phil stated he was working on finding out our options when the chat disconnected and another rep named Agnes was placed in the chat with me. I was beyond frustrated because I was pleased at the time with the service from Phil and I did not feel like typing in chat my entire situation all over again. Nonetheless I did and Agnes was very short and impatient. All they kept saying was the old plan was grandfathered. I replied that I don't care about the old plan I just want to pay the same price I was paying before for the same channels I had before. It is not my fault Verizon allowed a change to be made without fully verifying who they were speaking with. 

Of course I was not surprised when Agnes suddenly was disconnected and a rep named Percy stepped in to assist me. This was the 3rd and final straw as I had already explained myself twice, attempted to call multiple times, and was just beyond frustrated with the entire situation. Percy of course repeated the same stuff the other reps did and proceeded to tell me that if I had secured my account number then no one could call in. Funny thing is, I didn't even know my account number and when I attempted to call, it asked for the phone number associated with the account or the account number. So no one needs to know your account number in order to call and make any changes. Just your basic info and that's it. I asked Percy for a number to call that someone would answer right then. He gave me the same number I had called already and assured me it was 24/7, which it was not becuase I called yet again. 

I am more frustrated than I can put into words, not so much because of the unauthorized account change, but because there is no way for me to get my account back the way it was. I had no doing in the changes made and no knowledge of them, yet I feel I am being treated as the one who did something wrong. I did speak to someone on 10/2 who was able to get me into a similar package, but I did lose channels I frequently watch. They informed me I would have to pay for the two days my account package was different and that my bill would be a little higher. Why do I have to pay anything exra and why couldn't Verizon just give me a higher tv package so I had all the channels I did before and offer me a bill credit through the end of my 2-year agreement so my bill will remain the same as it was? Why is it so hard for such a big and rich company to do right by it's customers? You all get my money as soon as the bill comes in, yet this is the thanks I get. I thought Comcast was bad, but at least they ask a million and one quesitons before assisting with any account information or account changes AND they were always willing to offer bill credits to make things right. I'm very disappointed and am considering alternative tv options. 

0 Likes
Re: Unauthorized Account Change by Non-Account Owner
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Aharr057,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes