Unauthorized change in service plan
Lithium24

Im not sure where else to go with this within Verizon, but I have had absolutely no help from customer service on the phone.  Starting at the the beginning of Feb. 2013 I received my regular bill statement via email and to my amazement went from $81 to $187.  After a phone call to CS i was told that someone had changed my service via phone. I informed them I had made no such call and needed my account fixed. After some time on the phone I was told that the service would be switched back and I would be credited.  I was also told it would take approx 2 billing cycles to have it corrected and I would be receiving a follow up call within the week to add a "phone password" to the account which I never received.  2 months later my bill still had not been changed, called again was told they didn't know anything and that I needed to call back because the "offline team" wasn't available to make the change, which was **bleep**. On a third call attempt I received no help and I was instructed to call the person who placed the phone order in the first place, at which point I was sick of being the one to jump through hoops for a problem/mistake Verizon had made in the first place and requested my service be disconnected. Upon being transferred to disconnect I spoke with someone who almost made sense. I was told they would review the original recording of the phone order and upon verification of a voice other thatn mine, my account would be corrected, credited, and I would receive a follow up call the following Friday.  I sure as hell new it wasn't my voice so I thought I had finally got this resolved! I received an automated phone call Friday with a link to redeem a $75 voucher for my account which was just a slap in the face to me.  This is beyond my amazement that this can even happen. I am extremely frustrated and honestly feel like Verizon is committing fraud here.  Any ideas where to go from here? Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Unauthorized change in service plan
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Unauthorized change in service plan
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Lithium24,

We never heard back from you as to whether you needed any further assistance & so we went ahead and closed your private support case.  If you still require our help, please go ahead and create a new post.

Thanks,

Paul C.

0 Likes
Billing Errors not corrected
Pro21

Hi

It appears that Verizon is reluctant to correct billing errors despite assurance by their customer service agents.

Had my first bill 1/10/14 with excess charges

1. non listed fees, though I never asked for that

2. New outlet installation (none done since I have only 1 TV, which already had an outlet).

CSR call on Jan 18 (Eric {edited for privacy}) duly advised that everything was noted and will be corrected in the system and I shall be credited with the charges made in error. He advised pay the full bill and receive credits in next bill. Did the payment.

Next bill statement for 2/10/14 has the exact same charges and no refunds. Checked online billing section, have no refunds scheduled.

It appears to me that Verizon is not interested in customer dispute resolution. Its really difficult to get the phone lines and once you get that, then also the issue stay non resolved for months. There seem to be no other way to raise billing disputes other than phone CSRs.

I am unimpressed as a new Verizon customer at the level of inept customer service.

Can anyone comment or help please.

Thanks

Pro2

0 Likes
Re: Billing Errors not corrected
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Pro2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Billing Errors not corrected
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,
Since we have not heard from you, we will be closing out your private support case. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to create a new thread. 

Thank you,
-Amanda_M

0 Likes