Unauthorized change to my service plan
Gene0331
Enthusiast - Level 1
On April 21st I called Verizon Fios and spoke to 7 different reps (all who claimed they were in the retention dept) about lowering my rate plan (Verizon Triple Play) which was increased in April 2014 because my $20 valued customer discount expired. They said that in order to do that I would have to downgrade from 25/25 to 10/15; or change my tv package from extreme hd to select package. I was not okay with this idea and asked them why can't they just give me another $20 valued customer discount (good for 12 months). They told me they can only do that if I upgrade my services. I was completely turned off by their business model and asked to speak to a supervisor. All 7 agents told me a supervisor would call me in 24-48 hours.

Five days later, I never received a call not from 1 supervisor (consideringI made 7 different requests with each agent). If that wasn't bad enough, I come to find out that my services were changed without my permission on April 21st by one of the reps I have spoken to. They bumped me up to 50/25 Internet, and downgraded my tv package from extreme to select.

When I called Verizon today to try to resolve this issue and have them reinstate my services, they tell me I can no longer go back to the 25/25 because that plan has expired and they no longer offer it as an option. So I asked them to keep me at 50/25 but to change my tv package back to how I had it (extreme package) they told me if will be about an extra $15 a month after taxes. Which means I have to pay $15 more a month to fix a Verizon employee's mistake who changed my services without my permission. I find this to be totally unfair and want a Verizon to compensate me for this $15 difference. As a consumer, I should not pay for a company employee mistake in order to get the same services I had before I made those unfortunate phone calls on April 21st. Verizon should take the $15 loss, not the customer.

Since they don't offer the 25/25 Internet speed anymore, I should not have to pay more now that they upgraded me to 50/25 (un-reversible) without my consent/authorization.

On 4/26 spoke to supervisor Eddy (Tampa, Florida) no resolution
On 4/26 spoke to supervisor Nelson (Tampa, Florida) no resolution
On 4/26 Live chat session with Celine - no help.

Please help???
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unauthorized change to my service plan
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting us look into and assist you with this. If you ever need assistance again in the future please feel free to create a new thread. 
Thank you, 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes