Unauthorized credit inquiry
brooklynkhan

There is an unauthorized hard hit credit inquiry on my Equifax credit report.

I have Verizon FiOs services. When exploring services, I had one order number which I did NOT execute (it was just an estimate) with a Verizon Enterprise Agent. I made it explicitly clear to her that I did not authorize that my credit file be pulled, and she said the credit verification department would pull my public records. As mentioned, I did not go through with this order.

I then set up my own order online, refused to do a credit check, provided publicly available info -- and now have services without any problems to my services.

However, lo and behold, there's a hard hit on my file.

After being transferred from customer care to credit verification to credit reporting to Verizon Wireless back to customer care who then transferred me to a disconnected number, I called customer care again who then transferred me back to credit verification. This lady finally was able to do some digging for me based on the order numbers and we realized that the Verizon Enterprise Agent had said I authorized her to pull my credit inquiry when I did NOT. She said she'll submit a request to credit verification to have this inquiry removed, and provided me a reference number.

Given that no one at Verizon seems to know how to solve my problem or has any sense of customer service, I called the credit reporting department to confirm that the information I received from credit verification was indeed correct and test out if my request went through - I provided my SSN, my reference number and of course they weren't able to pull my file.

So how are they not able to pull my file with my SSN, but ran a sneaky hard hit inquiry?

I explained my situation for seemingly the 100th time and credit reporting lady said "my department only looks at delinquent accounts." She then put me on hold for a few minutes, came back and asked me some questions, put me on hold and without saying anything transferred me back to customer care.

First of all, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE SERVICE. Who repeatedly transfers a customer without telling them what's happening or why?

Second of all, if my issue is not escalated immediately, I will pursue whatever further action I need to.

I called Equifax and they said Verizon has to remove this.

This is a gross violation of my personal information, trust, and time.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unauthorized credit inquiry
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi brooklynkhan,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes