Unrefunded $250 security deposit!!!!
FrustratedClien

Has anyone else had issues getting their $250 security deposit refunded from Verizon Fios!!!

I had a 1 year account with Verizon Fios from July 2017 to June 2018 while I was temporarily residing in the USA. I paid an initial $250 security deposit and then subsequently paid all my bills on time. Upon closing my account to relocate overseas back to Australia at the end of June 2018, I have been given the run around countless times by the unhelpful Verizon customer service and payments department staff when trying to chase up the refund of my outstanding $250 security deposit.

I have rung Verizon internationally from Australia on 7/24/18, 8/1/18, 8/20/18, 8/27/18, 9/20/18 and on each occasion have been placed transferred from person to person, department to department, without anyone actually addressing my problem and facilitating the refund, being told that I would be mailed a cheque the following day without it ever occuring. I was again told on 8/27/18 that I would be mailed a cheque and was actually given the direct extension to Financial services to contact if I had not received it within 2 weeks.

I rang the Financial services number on 9/21/18 as over 3 weeks had passed and I had still not recieved my refund cheque. A Verizon staff memeber answered the phone, asked me to hold; kept me on hold for 25 minutes and then hung up. When I tried to ring the number again, I just repeatedly went to voicmail and depsite leaving a message no-one returned my call.

I then rand the general Verizon customer service number and was told they couldnt help me and transferred me to the payments department where I was again disconnected.

Needless to say I am extremely frustrated and dissapointed with the lackluster customer service provided by Verizon, when it comes to something as simple as returning the security deposit to a customer who always paid their bills on time. Any suggestions as to how I can actually proceed from here to get my Verizon Fios security deposit refund..... 

0 Likes
Re: Unrefunded $250 security deposit!!!!
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FrustratedClien,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agents.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes