Receive up to $504 promo credit ($180 w/Welcome Unlimited, $360 w/ 5G Start, or $504 w/5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone plan (Welcome Unlimited and One Unlimited for iPhone plans can't be mixed w/other Unlimited plans; all lines on the account req'd on respective plans)) when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on an eligible postpaid plan between 2/10/23 and 4/5/23. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met.
$699.99 (128 GB only) device payment purchase or full retail purchase w/ new smartphone line on One Unlimited for iPhone (all lines on account req'd on plan), 5G Start, 5G Do More, 5G Play More or 5G Get More plan req'd. Less $699.99 promo credit applied over 36 mos.; promo credit ends if eligibility req’s are no longer met; 0% APR.
I am going to do a numbered list for the events that lead to my issue:
1. Account was disconnected/canceled last month May 20+.
2. New account was opened under someone else's name at same address.
3. Technician arrived for installation. Set top boxes were replaced with new ones. Old set top boxes were returned. I included two big notes in the return box saying the old router was retained for the new account but this was clearly ignored. I have the equipment return notification stub with the order number along with RA number.
4. Technician said that we could use the same old router and it would not be charged to the old account since he talked with a Verizon customer representative already. I insisted he change the router so we wouldn't have any problems but he wouldn't budge so I left it alone.
5. I received a paper statement today that being charged for an unreturned equipment fee.
6. I called customer service today to argue about this but they said they couldn't find my disconnected account.
7. I am expecting a call from customer service regarding this, she said a few minutes but I still haven't heard back from her.
Bills have ALWAYS been paid for on-time and in full.
Why in the heck would you guys charge me for something that your technician insisted on? I overheard the technician supposedly telling the customer service person to put a note on my account but this was probably not done.
I want this resolved and I don't want to be responsible for the decision of your own technician to not replace the router. I have his business card if you need it. If you guys really want the router back, tell the technician to come back and provide a new router.
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.