VERIZON SHOWS AS DEROGATORY ON MY CREDIT REPORT BUT CAN'T GET INFO FOR THE ACCOUNT FROM VERIZON
EB12221
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a bill for $212 for a ONE-BILL Verizon account on my credit report that I paid to Verizon a few years back. I have tried disputing this account to the credit reporting agency and provided proof that I have paid this in full to Verizon but it came back that they verified the account was my account. I wasn't disputing it that it wasn't my account I was disputing I paid $212 in full to Verizon. I tried contacting Verizon about this account but they couldn't get information on my account sent to collections and could not find it. I was told the only way to bring up an old account was to run my credit which again impacted my credit score but to get this resolved, I agreed. That was a mistake, after running a my SS# through their system the agent said that I did have an unpaid balance but didn't have any further information. On the credit report the address that comes up is:

VERIZON
500 TECHNOLOGY DR 300
WELDON SPRING, MO

It shows as a derogatory amount. Who can I talk to so I can get this issue resolved and REMOVED from my credit report? No collection agency shows up on my credit report. I STILL am a Verizon customer and wish to remain as a Verizon customer. 

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON SHOWS AS DEROGATORY ON MY CREDIT REPORT BUT CAN'T GET INFO FOR THE ACCOUNT FROM VERIZON
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON SHOWS AS DEROGATORY ON MY CREDIT REPORT BUT CAN'T GET INFO FOR THE ACCOUNT FROM VERIZON
EB12221
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called the phone number emailed to me 800-837-4966 who then sent me to {edited for privacy}. They couldn't provide me with much information other than to give me a phone number associated with 2 similar accounts and one had a zero balance. I let her know I had paid and asked maybe if it went to the wrong account but she couldn't provide me with any information on my zero balance account either. I was giving the AFNI name and was told to call them. While the representative was nice they were NOT helpful.  Still not sure why I was sent to collections and why Verizon who sent me there can't give me additional information on an account I paid in full to them. 

0 Likes
mack19511
Enthusiast - Level 2

Contact the Better Business Bureau or the public utilitiy commision in your state and file a complaint.  That is the only way to get Verizon to do anything. 

EB12221
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I will. I didn't get any help from Verizon. I called AFNI and they have no record for that account on my credit report. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Did Verizon respond to you?

0 Likes