Verizon $200 Nest
LM1232
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was really excited when I clicked on an email from Verizon and was told that I had a $200 credit for a google/nest home device.  However, even though the website said I had a credit for the accessory, when I clicked on the website link to order an item and then pressed order, it charged my credit card for the item, which was $180! After three 20+ minute phone calls to Verizon, I was told that there was no way to cancel this purchase but that I should receive a credit back in TWO months. This was money I planned to spend on my kid's Christmas gifts -- how is 2 months an acceptable time for remedying such a huge purchase? How can there be no one when I call who can help us when we call?  It took three calls to even get someone who could help me at all. This is unacceptable and I plan to report it to my local consumer protection agency.  

Re: Verizon $200 Nest
jonjones1
Legend

Why do people call Verizon for money back when calling your bank is much easier to do a chargeback for your money.

call your credit card company and ask them to reverse the charges. *all of them.

then send them a written letter to their dispute resolution office at the credit card or bank card office. Writing preserves your rights in the dispute.

some card companies allow faxing to them. Get a fax transmission report page showing it was sent and received. 

Just deal with them and not verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon $200 Nest
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LM123,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes