Verizon FIOS Customer Service Terrible
Lindley1

I returned a verizon modem that I was "renting" then the cut off my service without my knowledge or approval. I then spent hours on the phone with them trying to restart the account, in which they had to make a new account. I asked them to verify my credit will not be run as a "hard inquiry", they told me no. This was not true, it was a hard inquiry and it has messed up my credit. After this new account was set up, our cable (no cable box) was not working as it had. Talked to tech support and more of Verizon and they said we needed to buy an additional piece in order for it to work. We didn't need this additional piece before they cancelled our account and it worked. The next day we closed our account, but before that they sent us another working order for a new account. We did not want this and close all of our accounts with them. I received a bill for one account, and paid it to be done with them. Then i received a refund for it partially. Then I received another bill with a late fee that was less than the refund. How do I even know what I'm paying for and what the refunds are for? I tried to pay the final bill online, which the online account does not recognize the acccount #. I spoke with a manager named "Ms. Long" and she said if I wanted to pay it over the phone, it'll be a $3.50 additional charge. If I wanted to "send in" my payment I could do that. How is this the biggest telecom company and they cant figure out their own systems. They said they couldn't get online and try my account #. Did they not have access to the world wide web? Also, they said there was no one else to make a formal complaint to and that "their notes will be on my account". Last time someone's notes were on my account, my credit was ran as a hard inquiry without my consent, and that person could not be found and held accountable. Ms. Long then refused to give out her employee ID #, or any reference # of our conversation as she said the notes are on the account. Again, previous experience of with credit being ran, had no notes on the account to trace and hold the person accountable giving wrong info out, so why should I believe that Ms. Long was being diligent?

Verizon is a terrible company with no compliance/resolution/accountability. I would not be surprised if they have been stealing millions of working peoples money because of the lack of organization.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS Customer Service Terrible
Lindley1

Also, let me add that on a my cancelled account, they recently refunded me more than what I owe them now. Couldn't they have just taken than out before refunding me???

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS Customer Service Terrible
jonjones1
Legend

In most states they are indeed regulated. Try google for your states attorney generals office and see if they have a consumer frauds and protection bureau within.

also Google Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission and they normally have regulatory authority over Verizon.