Verizon Fios changed my plan to 24 months term without consent!!!
Serhat1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have moved to a new address in 2018 and asked for my Verizon account which had no yearly commitment to be moved to the new address. After about 9 months into moving to the new address I have noticed on Verizon website that my account is 15mo. left on comitment. I have never agreed to this. 

As a matter of fact the promotional discounts that I was receiving is only for 12 months, yet the comitment is for 24 months. I called verizon and explained that I did not agree to this. And it does not make sense to commit to a 24months to receive only 12 months of benefits. I asked the agent to show me proof of my signature, or something that shows me that I agreed to this nonsense. The agent kept telling me "you must have, that is our process". I have explained many times that this does not make sense. 

I have asked them to put theirselves into my shoes and try to understand, not much help. I have asked to talk to a manager, who understood what I was explaining and told me that he will put a note to my account and when the 12 months is up and the promotional discounts expire. I can call in to cancel or extent my service, but I do not have to pay for an additional 12 months. The manager told me he will put a note to the account and when I call the agents can see it. 

I called and asked and I was told there was no note or anything indicating this conversations. 

I like the product and service itself from Verizon, but the customer service experience I had on this matter has been horrible. I am not sure what I can do, but I am positive that I did not commit to a 24 months agreement to receive 12 months of benefits. I do not recall signing or clicking anything that shows term or yealy agreeements. 

Did this happen to anyone else ? 

Anyone having similiar problems with the yearly agreement tricks from Verizon ?

Please let me know how you handled this. 

Thanks, 

Re: Verizon Fios changed my plan to 24 months term without consent!!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Serhat,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes