Verizon Says It Can't Upgrade/Downgrade My Service Due to Acct Error on their End
iamanentp

I am so frustrated with Verizon that I am about to cancel after 15 years of loyal service.  I went online today to pay my bill and saw that my agreement is expiring and I'm eligible for a discount with early renewal. I tried 3 times to get more info from the Chat feature. Each time I was told they couldn't access my account due to a "pending order" and I would have to call on the phone. I tried to find a phone number of Verizon website, but couldn't find one. Finally had to activate chat again just to get a number and after going round and round with the new rep who swore she could help me only to find that she too couldn't access the account. Finally I called on the phone, got a rep who said that the "pending order" is from 2 years ago and is obviously an error, but he can't do ANYTHING to the account until it is removed.  He says he submitted a "ticket" to have it removed but he can't give me renewal pricing, he can't upgrade my internet service, and he can't cancel a premium channel that I no longer want. I'm stuck until they fix the account.  I even asked if I could just cancel my Verizon service altogether because I am SO frustrated and ready to become a "cord-cutter" anyway. He says he can't do that either. So now I have no assurance that this will ever get fixed even though he claims someone will call me next week. Yeah, right. Every time I deal with Verizon, it's a struggle. I'm done. I have a SmartTV, a Tivo box, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. I'm ready to cut the cord.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Says It Can't Upgrade/Downgrade My Service Due to Acct Error on their End
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone number is always 1-800-VERIZON.  Hopefully they can help you..

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Says It Can't Upgrade/Downgrade My Service Due to Acct Error on their End
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi iamanentp,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes