Verizon Shady Business Practices
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

I have been a loyal Verizon FiOS (Triple Play) and Wireless customer for years. My current 2 year service agreement is due to expire during 1/2017. I pay approximately $220 per month for FiOS service. I spoke to a customer service rep. by phone who made this offer:

Dear Customer,

Below is a preview of the products and services we have discussed so far and how these items will appear on your bill.

To ensure all of your favorite channels are included in the TV package you selected, please take a moment to visit our channel lineup online.

Once your order is finalized, you will receive an official order confirmation email with instructions to prepare you for your installation.

Reference Number: 7

New $35 Agreement Incentive Included
New Valued Customer $15 for 12 Months

________________________________________Billing Estimate

Existing Triple Play $117.99
• Verizon Freedom Essentials
• Fios TV Ultimate HD
• Fios Internet 50/50
• $35 Agreement Incentive Included
Existing Non-Published Service $4.00
Existing Fios Quantum TV - Enhanced Service $22.00
Existing Rent: 3 TV Equipment Package $26.97
New Valued Customer $15 for 12 Months -$15.00
Estimated Monthly Subtotal $155.96
Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges (see detail)
$26.43
Regional Sports Network Fee $5.89
Fios TV Broadcast Fee $2.99
Estimated Monthly Charges $191.27

________________________________________What to Expect on Your 10/27/16 Bill

Your first bill with these services will vary due to partial month charges, one-time charges and duration of promotional discounts.

10/27/16 Estimated Monthly Subtotal $155.96

One-Time Charges Subtotal $0.00
Estimated Bill Subtotal $155.96
$29.03
Regional Sports Network Fee $6.22
Fios TV Broadcast Fee $3.39
Estimated Bill $194.60

Glossary and Terms at verizon.com/billingglossary

But then renewed me for this price instead:

Dear Customer,

Below is a preview of the products and services we have discussed so far and how these items will appear on your bill.

To ensure all of your favorite channels are included in the TV package you selected, please take a moment to visit our channel lineup online.

Once your order is finalized, you will receive an official order confirmation email with instructions to prepare you for your installation.

Reference Number: 4

New $35 Agreement Incentive Included

________________________________________Billing Estimate

Existing Triple Play $117.99
• Verizon Freedom Essentials
• Fios TV Ultimate HD
• Fios Internet 50/50
• $35 Agreement Incentive Included
Existing Non-Published Service $4.00
Existing Fios Quantum TV - Enhanced Service $22.00
Existing Rent: 3 TV Equipment Package $26.97
Estimated Monthly Subtotal $170.96
$27.18
Regional Sports Network Fee $5.89
Fios TV Broadcast Fee $2.99
Estimated Monthly Charges $207.02

________________________________________What to Expect on Your 10/27/16 Bill

Your first bill with these services will vary due to partial month charges, one-time charges and duration of promotional discounts.

10/27/16 Estimated Monthly Subtotal $170.96

One-Time Charges Subtotal $0.00
Estimated Bill Subtotal $170.96
$29.78
Regional Sports Network Fee $6.22
Fios TV Broadcast Fee $3.39
Estimated Bill $210.35

Glossary and Terms at verizon.com/billingglossary

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

Seriously Verizon? I spent 4 frustrating hours on the phone with Verizon tonight to no avail. Are you kidding me Verizon. I will contact the NYS Attorney General's Office to lodge a complaint.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Shady Business Practices
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi optivity,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes