Verizon Test Drive = Bait & Switch tactics
Ed703
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 

years. When my previous agreement ended, my bill skyrocketed so I intended to switch providers to Xfinity. I went into a VERIZON location and the sales representative assured me that he could honor a similar package. Triple play which would include Ultimate tv plan and 100/100 internet for 84.99 per month. He explained that this would include premium channels (Stars, Sho, HBO).  I confirmed this multiple times, at no time did he ever mention this so called "Test Drive".  A few weeks later, we start receiving emails from verizon (numerous) stating something about a "test drive".  After finally getting a customer representative and their supervisor I was informed by the supervisor Mike, that this contract I signed up for was temporary and my bill would increase by over $45 per month. Verizon had the nerve to say I should have read the emails despite not being informed of any of this by their representative at the time of sale. Mike, supervisor,  refused to honor my original offer and made it out to be my issue because i didn't review the emails fine print, despite calling before the offer was finished.  I am beyond disappointed and disgusted at the lack of honesty when I was offered this plan. I am going to head to the Verizon store and address my concerns today. I was met with a lack of professionalism on the phone by Mike and a total disregard for the situation and the omission of candor displayed when signing up with Verizon for another 2 years. When i told them, I was going to cancel my services since this was not the price or services I was promised, I was told I would have to pay $350 to terminate my contract early. I can’t believe they can get away with this. This is clearly another version of the old bait and switch gimmick.  Verizon completely changed my plan and pricing without warning. This is unacceptable. 

Tags (3)
Re: Verizon Test Drive = Bait & Switch tactics
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ed703,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes