Verizon bait and switch
kinkgn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, my FIOS triple play contract expired in July 2018. After the contract expired, I logged onto my account and there was an offer for the same plan that I had for $94.99 and another plan that had faster internet for $104.99 (I was paying $89.99) for the old plan. 

Under the plans, there was a button to click on to order. So, I decided to go for the $94.99 plan and I expected that when I click on it, it will bring me to a confirmation page with all the costs listed out but it instead placed the order immediately. 

When I got the new bill, instead of the $94.99 price, they are charging me $119.99 and when I call in, they refuse to acknowledge what was on their web site. So, for folks who are in the same situation, do a screen capture of the offer before you proceed or there is no way that you can prove that they did offer the plan at $94.99.

The customer rep said that they will open an investigation and get back to me in 2 weeks. It's been more than 4 weeks and no response yet.

Re: Verizon bait and switch
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kinkgn,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes