Verizon cancelled my internet service after returning equipment
Amerbeard

We decided to cancel our TV package and phone line since neither was being used and just upgrade our internet to gigabit connection.  The technician arrived yesterday and did his work.  We received an email with instructions on returning the cables boxes and router, as i was using my own router and made that clear from the start.  The internet was working perfectly the first night.  The next day we proceed to follow the instructions in the email and return the equipment to the Verizon store.  The rep there took my stuff and said i was good to go.  I come home and find out that my internet service and account as a whole has been cancelled.  I could not reach an agent on the phone, so i spent more than 2 hours on chat support and the only thing they said they can do was to setup a new account with the installation being 7 days away.  7 DAYS AWAY!!! Absolutely ridiculous. I told them i needed internet as soon as tomorrow to run my business and certainly not 7 days as the kids have school via remote learning and need the internet access. Further i my self am working remotely and cannot just take 7 days off out of the blue because a rep cancelled my service without permission. The chat rep assures me setting up a new account is the best way forward currently. So i set up a new account and the installation date is in a week. You are kidding me. This cannot be how verizon handles things. Mind you, the ONT and everything else is still fully functional and connected at my home. I dont understand why they cant restore my service just as fast as they took it away. So infuriating 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon cancelled my internet service after returning equipment
Amerbeard

Oh and I forgot to mention, the installation 7 days away is a “self installation”.  Why cant they move up my “self installation” is beyond me.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

email one of the executives at the link above. It will get you executive escalations to call you back. They are pretty quick.

verizon has a tendency of shutting off accounts many times when you return equipment such as routers and set top boxes or cancel phone. It’s basically some stupid person not knowing how to separate services and it all gets cancelled.

0 Likes
Amerbeard

Thank you, I will try that.  Do you happen to know if they would assist today on Saturday?

I just found out that when I call support, apparently they are closed for the rest of the weekend due to COVID.  Amazing, the chat rep did not mention this and actually told me i would be able to connect with someone today.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Amerbeard,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes