Verizon charging for router I bought
lstav1

Hello,

I've been trying to fix a problem with my account showing a router I own as being a rented router, I called the Consumer Sales and Solutions Center and still have no permanent solution.  

I bought a router from Amazon about 3 months ago, and I called Verizon to return the one I was leasing and to be able to use the new router I bought. They said they would send me a return box for the old router (which I did, sent, and was received by them), and they transfered me to the tech department so that they could help me activate my new router. The call got dropped so I searched on how to release the DHCP to get my new router working (I used an online Verizon tool that did just that), and that seemed to fix the problem.

Fast forward 3 months, and I was still seeing the router being charged to my account. I used the chat support from the Verizon webpage and was told to call Consumer Sales and Solutions Center, when I called them, they claimed that the router I bought was actually a router I was renting from Verizon, they even said that Verizon shipped a router to me and that I received it (none of this happened, I did not order a new router for renting, I received no router from them, I do not have an invoice saying that I ordered it from Verizon, nor notifying me of the change, but I do have the Amazon invoice proving that I bought the router through Amazon). They told me that they were going to give me credit for the renting of the router for that month and that they were going to open an investigation for this (this was about 3 1/2 weeks ago), I got the credit, but I haven't received any notice of an investigation, and to make matters worst, the router still shows up on my account and it seems that I will need to call again and explain the situation again and hope they give me the credit for a service they are not providing (again, being charged for renting a router which I own).

I hope that posting the problem here helps me fix it, because it has been a nightmare trying to get this fixed by phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon charging for router I bought
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lstav,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon charging for router I bought
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lstav,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes