Verizon cheated me out of my free DVR for life deal
TerryCouch

So, I guess I should have known better.

Back in February I saw a good re-up offer online for a 2 years FIOS TV/Internet double-play contract so I opened a chat window with a Verizon representative to make sure of all the details BEFORE I did the upgrade.

The Verizon ordering system is a mess. Although I selected the $104.99 plus taxes and fees price, I kept getting a first month estimated bill (got to love the estimated) of $159.71.  No way was I going to do that - my non-contract price was only $111.75 per month.

The chat representative assured me that the bill would definitely be the $104.99 I saw and told me THREE times that my free-for-life DVR deal would continue if I signed the 2 year contact.  That would give a total of somewhere around $114 a month, just a couple of bucks more than my off-contract price but safe against any price increases.  We went through each stage of the order together, confirming everything at every step.  

I got the first month's bill. $137.50, with the free DVR-for-Life gone.  So today I called Verizon to go through it.

The first call lasted 29m 47s.  Operative was pleasant but all he could do was give me a $15 credit for 12 months. Nope that won't cut it. I want my free DVR for life as promised. He refused request after request to escalate but eventually, after being on hold for a long time, he came back on the line and said that they can remove the DVR fee from the bill but he needed to set it up and would call me back.

He did call back. With the news that they could only do the free-DVR for 24 months.  No, I want either the free-for-life deal as agreed or I want a $19.99 bill credit for as long as I am a customer. That is what I signed up for.  He just kept repeating that there was no way to do that. Okay, put me back on my original plan. No, can't do that either.   Time after time he refused to escalate telling me that there was nobody available.  Yeah, right....

Then, he started telling me that according to the contract, I had accepted this new price and had accepted that I would lose the free DVR for life deal which naturally I denied and referred him to the chat transcript. He then proceeded to tell me that he did not have access to the transcript AND he did not have email so I couldn't send a copy to him.  He suggested I go back to chat and ask there.  Time for this call 58m 45s.  Such a wonderful way to spend my day...

Back to chat. Surprise.... they don't have access to the chat either - how convenient - and they referred me back to customer service and when I told them I had been there, done that, they referred me to the support forums.  So here I am.

All right Verizon, I'm done with the games.  I have NEVER been late with a payment, have done the right thing, am the innocent party...  GIVE ME WHAT YOU PROMISED!  

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Verizon cheated me out of my free DVR for life deal
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi TerryCouch,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
TerryCouch

So, what a BIG surprise... the promised call back from Customer Service that was absolutely, definitely going to happen, even though I expressed my doubt strongly, didn't happen. Same old, same old, eh Verizon?

And the promised contact from this message board didn't happen either. And yes, I checked the spam folder and it isn't there. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Please allow two business days for a reply from the eCenter.

0 Likes