Verizon has put me into contract without asking me and charging me very high
sathishsampath

I earlier had a Double play package with Fios Internet and TV(select HD) for $59.99.

I found a deal around Thanksgiving and as part of this deal I would get a Fios Internet and TV(Fios local + HBO + Showtime) for $59.99. I chose to go for this.

However, since I did not like this, I asked them to revert to my earlier package and they did it on Dec 13th. They said I would be charged $180 per month and they also mentioned I am on a contract for 2 years. I am sure I did not ask for contract. This was absolutely crazy since I was earlier paying $59.99 and now I am being asked to pay huge amount.

I them asked them to revert to Fios local + HBO + Showtime, but they say it is not possible.

I am now in a situation where I have to pay a huge amount monthly and since I am on a contract(that I did not request for), I have to live with it.

I spoke to a supervisor who said she would look into it and get back to me on Thursday(12/18) and even this has not taken place.

Sorry to say this, horrible customer experience with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon has put me into contract without asking me and charging me very high
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon has put me into contract without asking me and charging me very high
sathishsampath

Yes, the supervisor reached out to me and mentioned that I can disconnect my services and I would not be charged anything additional as I am wrongly put into contract. 

This partly solves my problem. However, I am still paying $100 monthly now for the same services for which I was ealier paying $60. 

0 Likes