Verizon , incompetent ,disrespectful and uncaring
nazmo

I am an existing Verizon customer for almost 15 years. I had phone and internet service for 12 of these years. About 3 years ago I discontinued the phone service and switched to vonage. I however continued to use a dry loop from Verizon for my internet service. Due to vonage rising costs . I decided to come back to Verizon phone service, so on sept 22nd I placed the order with Verizon for phone service, I was given an installation date of oct 7 th.

A few hours after I placed the order, my internet service went off. I contacted Verizon customer service and tech support, who began doing line tests, they assured me that service was coming to the house, but I was not receiving it for some reason . For the next 3 days they had me plugging and unplugging wires in my home. Meanwhile my phone service was cut off too. Cause vonage requires DSL connection. During these three days my anxiety level peaked, my blood pressure skyrocketed and there was unhappiness in my home among family members. In this time I was borrowing and using the cell phone of others. After three days and umpteen calls to Verizon, I was then told by a tech support rep. That I do not have service with Verizon, That they disconnected me, because I ordered phone service . Wow what an explanation. He said that because I ordered phone service they needed to rewire my service. Because I have a dry loop line etc etc etc. . I questioned why I was not informed of this at the time I placed the order and he told me he doesn't know but that's the Verizon procedure, I also questioned why they would need from sept 22 to cot 7 to do this. He said this is the time required. So now for ordering phone service with Verizon, I was being rewarded by being shut off from the outside world. No phone no internet. I was told that I will be given a three months credit for my inconvenience and suffering by one Verizon rep, which prompted me to not go elsewhere. My phone was connected on the 7th oct the DSL was activated by Verizon on the 13th of oct but did not work , cause they had to send a rep out to my house on mon the 17th to rewire my entire system. Meanwhile I cannot begin to put into words the frustration, anxiety, panic, anger , depression , disappointment and hurt that myself and the family were going through. Imagine in this day and age being subjected to this kind of treatment by a billion dollar company like Verizon. No apologies whatsoever from them and I'm still to see the credit they said they were going to give me for three months.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon , incompetent ,disrespectful and uncaring
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am extremely sorry to hear about the hardships you have gone through trying to get the phone service with us. We really do want to make sure you are taken care of. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

0 Likes