Verizon is trying to extract money for equipment I never had
TryingToQuit

I have recently cancelled my service to Verizon.

When I cancelled on the 5th, I was told that I would need to return the cable card.  

I returned the cable card on 10/19/18 at a local verizon store.  At that time they indicated that my account might not be closed.  I called that same day and spoke to another Verizon employee who could not explain why my service was not cancelled on the 5th as requested and was still active.  I again had them disconnect the service and they said it would be disconnected retroactively since I had a previous disconnect notice.  

I confirmed with them that all my equipment was shown as returned.  They said everything was set and that I would receive a check after 30-45 days once all the billing had verified that I was owed money. I asked them to re-verify that I did not have any outstanding equipment.  He said I was all set.

ON 10/22/18, a letter was sent out saying I need to return a "NON-Integrated M Multistrea" or I could be fined up to $500 per item.  I do not have any verizon equipment and twice I was told that I only needed to return my cable card. That cable card was already returned and in the Verizon system when this letter was generated.

I also noted that my disconnect notice was now set for October 23, not October 5th.

I am tired of being lied to by people on the phone.  Everything I do going forward will.need to be documented because Verizon agents feel like they can say anything they want because by the time I find out they have lied to me, it wont ring back on them.

Therefore I am telling you, in writing that I do not have a Non Integrated Multistrea, which I assume might be a cable card because I returned that to a Verizon Store.

I am also telling you that I asked to be disconnected on the 5th, and you waited 18 days to disconnect me and I don't expect to pay for "service" that I did not receive during that time.

I sincerely hope that I can get this resolved without any further issue, but I will not talk to people on the phone any more.  Everything must be done either through email or messaging that allows me to maintain a transcript.

Please see that my request is addressed in a timely manner.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is trying to extract money for equipment I never had
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi TryingToQuit,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes