Verizon keeps charging me for free speedmatch upgrade
lorimar58
Enthusiast - Level 2
Verizon offered me a "free" upgrade with their speedmatch promo and boosted my upload speed to 50M back in September. I have an email telling me this upgrade is free and thanking me for my continued loyalty. My next bill after this upgrade showed a $10 dollar increase for my internet service. I called billing and was issued a credit and a roc number showing that the issue would be escalated and corrected. The following months bill also showed a $10 increase for my internet service, so I called billing again and was issued a credit and was told that the billing problem was corrected, but the bill was created before the roc ticket was closed. To my dismay, I just received my latest bill and Verizon is still charging me an additional $10 for my FREE speedmatch upgrade. Will I have to call Verizon every month for the next 12 months until my contract runs out to get this problem fixed??? What else can I do to get them to fix this? Disappointed and tired of making phone calls.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon keeps charging me for free speedmatch upgrade
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lorimar58,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
lorimar58
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well, as of Tuesday evening, no one has contacted me regarding this problem. Guess I will have to "reach out" AGAIN to the billing department tomorrow.....sigh
0 Likes
lorimar58
Enthusiast - Level 2
Called Verizon this morning and waited on hold for 30 minutes, then spent another 45 minutes waiting while customer service tried to fix this problem. Was told Billing could not fix the problem, so the rep tried to give me a $10 recurring credit on my bill until my contract runs out. The system wouldn't let him do that. The best solution he could come up with was to give me $110 credit to cover the remaining months left in my contract. Still waiting for confirmation on the credit.
Sad that a big company like Verizon has to use such a "band aid" approach to correct their billing errors. I will never take Verizon up on any future new "offers".......not worth the hassle.
0 Likes