Verizon over charging its customers
Tquest
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am truely disgusted with how these internet providers care more about thier bottom lines than the customers that make them rich. I wanted to upgrade my internet speed and was forced to give up my "dvr for life" promotion to do it. I was given a promotion to update to fios gigabit connection which i did in Dec 2018. This was an increase of my total bill and i had the option of paying for router or renting it. I decided to pay for it up front and it was added to the next bill. My new bill after the router was paid for was supposed to be $203.09 a month but i have been charged after that initial bill with the router $276.74 which i initially didnt catch until last week. it was after hours when i discovered the overcharge and decided to chat with a rep to discuss. the person i talked to said that the $203.09 was the amount prior to the "additional services" charges.  I wasnt sure but at that point couldnt agrue with him. i was quite taken aback that the natural of my call was about a high bill and prior to ending the call wanted to see if i wanted to add another premium channel for "only" $10 more dollars total insentivity.  I then found the original email which showed the the "additional Charges" were included in the $203.99. I then started a new chat. The second rep found the error and a discount was not added but only offered to extend my deals expiration date. I have paid an extra $70 a month this might be nothing to Verizon but it's a hell of alot to me and i wanted my money. The rep then put me back on hold and then came back saying that she would have the amount refunded, which i felt better about. I am still angered by the whole process. I still days later have not gotten a email confirmation or any documentation to show our conversation. I do not like how we as customers are treated and after 19 years of service they will be losing my business!!

Re: Verizon over charging its customers
jonjones1
Legend

Contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via a google search let them handle it. They regulate verizon and other utilities.

also contact your bank ir credit card company and have the total amounts crefited back to you. Credit cards are easier in this regard but your bank will also give back your money. All you need is the original amount quoted, and the dates you tried to correct the error by verizon.

also file a government complaint at http://www.fcc.gov 

they also will contact them and contact you.

Re: Verizon over charging its customers
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tquest,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes