Verizon privately updates my contract and cannot cancel
Leo12345678

Verizon privately increased my monthly payment amount. When I checked that I had to pay and I was going to cancel all Verizon services, I received an email saying that I updated the contract (however I did not click any update button). When I and the customer service feedback, they need me to pay 165$ to stop the service, I am very angry now, has anyone had the same experience?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon privately updates my contract and cannot cancel
jonjones1
Legend

If you truly did not request an automatic contract extension you must first check Verizon and your original confirmation emails as to the wording. If it does not state automatically renewing for the same term, as contract end I would first contact customer service, then if you get flax from them I would google your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission and they should be able to assist you.

if this contract was done without your consent you could also file charges with your state attorney generals office. Normally they can also go after Verizon.

you can write a certified return receipt letter to Verizon disputing the action and they must respond in writing as to why what was done is valid.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon privately updates my contract and cannot cancel
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Leo12345678,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes