Verizon promotion
RJT450

Is Verizon running a scam with regards to promotional offers?  For the past couple of years or so, I would receive various promotional materials in the mail attempting to entice me to switch from my [then current] cable/internet provider to Verizon.  Verizon even sent people, on multiple occasions, over the house in an attempt to entice me to switch providers.  Clearly that was before this COVID-19 pandemic.

Anyway, I did eventually make a call and switched over to Verizon for cable/internet service.  One of the reasons I switched was because of a promotion that was being offered, a promotion which was confirmed by the Verizon representative when I called.  In short, I was to receive two (2) prepaid cards, one for $100 and a second for $200, $300 together.

After some period of time, I received an email from Verizon stating that my promotion would be sent and redeemable shortly.  I logged into the Verizon website and it showed two cards, one for $100 and a second for $200, having been shipped on June 8, 2020.  The website stated that it could take up to 14 days to arrive.  However, within a few days I received an email from USPS about a letter I would be receiving from Verizon.  I did ultimately get that letter, and it contained the $100 card.  It did not contain the $200 card, nor have I ever received the $200 card.

I have contacted Verizon about this on multiple occasions.  While I am told different things each time I call, I still have not received the $200 card.  On one occasion I was told that there was no indication on my account about a $200 card despite the fact that such information is clearly visible [to me] when I log onto the Verizon website.  On another occasion I was told that the $200 card would not be shipped until after I activated the $100, despite the facts that a) the Verizon website shows both cards being shipped on the same date, and b) the $100 had been activated.  Without getting into the details of each of the various calls I placed, it can simply be said that I have received neither the $200 card nor a satisfactory answer as to why I have not received the $200 card.

That all gets me to this post, and the question of whether Verizon is running a scam.  Verizon took multiple efforts to get me as a customer.  Now, when attempting to inquire about the status of the $200 card which Verizon itself stated was shipped on or about June 8, 2020, I receive no satisfactory response.  Again, I have to wonder if this is some sort of “bait and switch” or other scam by Verizon to lure new customers.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon promotion
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RJT450,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes