Verizon refused to honor my 2-year contract price
dreameratwork1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My 2-year contract with Verizon was expiring and I signed up for a new 2-year contract with during Verizon’s 2021 Black Friday promotions. This was my order confirmation:

Services Ordered

Monthly Amount

Verizon Double Play

$              64.99

- Custom TV Home & Family

- Fios Gigabit Connection

- Fios Bundle Discount

- Auto Pay Paper Free Discount

- $10 Fios Bundle Discount thru Nov 28, 2023

- Fios Bundle Discount

Multi-Room DVR Enhanced Service

$              20.00

Set-Top Box

$              12.00

Estimated Monthly Subtotal

$              96.99

Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges 

$              11.62

Fios TV Broadcast Fee

$                6.49

Regional Sports Network Fee

$                8.89

Estimated Monthly Total

$             123.99

When I received my first bill, the price went up almost $11 to $134.89. I immediately called the billing department and the agent told me that he would have someone take a look at my bill to find the discrepancy. He gave me a reference # and told me that someone would get back to me within 5 business days. After 8 business days, when I still had not heard from back from them, I called them again. This agent said he didn’t know where the discrepancy came from but he manually adjusted my bill and gave me an $11 credit and told me that someone would get back to me about the discrepancy. That was great and my 1st bill was correct after the adjustment. One month later, I received my 2nd bill and it was $134.89 again! I called the billing department again, but this time, the agent told me that he found the discrepancy – there was a $10 discount in the bundled price that expired. So basically, my Verizon Double Play that was supposed to be $64.99 is now $74.99. Why would the discount that was in my 2-year-contracted-bundled-price expire? Is this the same $10 discount that was shown on my confirmation email that is supposed to expire 11/28/2023? The agent told me that the $10 discount shown in my confirmation email was included in the $74.99 bundled price. That makes no sense to me because my bundled price was $64.99, not $74.99. I asked the agent if he could further look into this or if there was anything he could do to honor my contract and he said there was nothing else he could do. This means that I would pay an extra $10 every month for the next 2 years. That was not my contract. I am absolutely flabbergasted. I have been with Verizon for years because they were always fair and took care of their customers. I really don’t know what I can do to get help with this issue. I have never been frustrated with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon refused to honor my 2-year contract price
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dreameratwork,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes