Verizon rep totally messed up our account! Now we have to deal with it?!
zm386341
I cancelled my Fios internet service on 12/24/2013 at 9am. I provided her with the account number, custom ID. She tried to offer me a deal but I told her I already had comcast service installed. So she did the cancellation and gave the cancellation number. You would think this would be over, nice and easy. But nightmare started from here. We went on vacation for a week then my in-laws call me said their internet service is not working. They called verizon and was told someone called and cancelled their service. They called verizon and told them they had never called to cancel their service. So they got their service re-installed but verizon won't offer them the promotion deal which they had 2 months ago (they had their service for 2 months). When my in-laws told me this, I was a little concerned because their service got cancelled on the day I called to cancel my service. I went online and checked my account. Oops, my verizon account still active and they are going to charge me for the next service period. I have no clue how could this happened! Is someone on drugs? I called and gave her the account number and custom number and they cancelled my in-laws' service instead of mine? I went online and chatted with several reps and ended up by them saying "you have to call verizon during business hours".
Why did Verizon do this to us? I am planning to call my credit card to refuse all the payment verizon charged and tell my in-laws to cancel verizon service if verizon do not resolve this.
I have been fairly with verizon in the past but this incidence really made me think twice about verizon now.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon rep totally messed up our account! Now we have to deal with it?!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi zm386341,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon rep totally messed up our account! Now we have to deal with it?!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello zm386341,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with the accounts and cancellation or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes