Verizon reported to credit report after move.
jshel

In June 2010 we moved to a new house and transferred our verizon service over.  For several months we had service at the new house and paid the bills just fine.  It turns out there was supposedly a final bill related to our "old" account at the previous house we never received.

In September 2010 I spoke with Verizon and paid off the remaining bill, not realizing it was reported to collections and is now on my credit report.  Unfortunately I never noticed until now that we're looking into buying a home and getting a mortgage.

My various attempts the last few days to contact Verizon about it so far have failed, as I haven't had enough time to sit on hold for hours and navigate the automated systems to find someone.

Has anyone had any luck with something similar or a recommendation on how to best hunt someone down at Verizon to look into it?

The whole thing seems ridiculous as I was a customer at Verizon at both houses.  I really don't understand how they couldn't have managed to get the bill to our new house, and now we're the ones screwed over by it.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon reported to credit report after move.
jshel

After repeated calls and lots of waiting I finally managed to reach a real person.

Unfortunately, instead of getting help with my issue, I was lied to and rushed off the phone.

The woman I spoke with actually had the nerve to tell me that it's IMPOSSIBLE to have something like that removed from a credit report.  Once they report it, Verizon literally CAN'T get it removed.

At least be honest and just say you don't give a **bleep** and couldn't care less about screwing over your customers.

So to anyone else having similar issues, I hope you have better luck than me.

0 Likes