Verizon's billing system must be based on very primitive software
chris_zzz1

We ordered an on-demand movie.  The sound was not sync'd with the picture.  We called Verizon tech support.  They couldn't fixed the problem, concluding that the movie file or video server must somehow be malfunctioning.  Fine... that happens.

The tech support person offered to send me to billing so we could get a credit for the price of the movie.  I hung on hold for 15 minutes.  When the billing rep came on the line, she informed me that because we had no outstanding balance, we could not be issued a credit.  She told me that we'd have to call back in 8 days when our next bill comes out and go through the whole story again.  

Of course, the billing person acted as if I were stupid for not accepting that Verizon's system could not handle a normal process of crediting an account.  She tried to explain how it was illogical to ask for a credit when there's no outstanding balance she can credit it against.  Yeah, right, our total annual Verizon bill -- TV, cell phones is approximately $5,000.   Either their billing person is trying to discourage a refund or their software is incredibly substandard.  What a shame that Verizon has such a sorry back-end.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's billing system must be based on very primitive software
frustated76

did you ever get a refund, I had the exact same thing happen.  they have all kinds of technical 'chat' available but no real way to refund a movie easily.  how dumb...

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Much to long for me to quote. But I was a little amused by Verizon’s credit analogy.

in most normal circumstances it makes no difference if you have a balance or not due to the fact you picked out a movie or event and it was charged to your account.

like with cable years ago my wife watched a movie and selected it and then typed in the account pin which back then was like $3

However Time Warner gave us two free rentals and the amount came off the account.

then once she was watching a movie which died in mid view. We called the 800 number and they credited $3 immediately on the account. Sort of like say you monthly bill was $10 it now show $7 even though the invoice was already paid.

In this day and age why Verizon does not placed the credit on your account (you have a billing account number) startles the mind. What is happening is they are deflecting the bill credit as to hope you won’t call back to get it. You then will hear “why didn’t you call when the situation occurred “ or “we have no record of you calling in” even though you did. Then no refund. Google the situation and read the results for yourself.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes