Verizon scamming me and my 83 year old dad! Help!
AlexLTD

Verizon has contacted my father by phone, asking him to pay a bill for a wireless account I carried (his cell phone is under my account; which I have paid for, for years), and he, being 83, paid it.  Since we haven't had verizon cell phones for two years, and our balance was (and confirmed today via a PAINFUL and RUDE and ARROGANT call to Verizon, still is) $0.

His credit card got the money back.

I thought that was the end of it.  Until today.  I got an email from Verizon saying:

"Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

Payment on your Verizon account ending in  {edited for privacy} was due 7/10/2015 in the amount of $143.33. You can pay your bill at verizon.com/payonline.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team"

The ONLY Verizon service I have left (I've almost managed to cut this horrible company out of our lives completely) is FIOS - as slow, miserable and overpriced as it is.  My bill gets paid automatically every month and is not behind.  Nobody in Verizon can find out what the above bill is for ("I'm sorry sir, but without an account number I can't look that up."  "But the only part of the account number I have is what you emailed me."  "You're not listening, sir.  I need the complete account number, not just part of one."   ARRRRRGH!

I'm terrified that Verizon will make a negative report to my good credit rating.  I feel helpless, and Verizon clearly doesn't, or won't do anything to help.  They just want money for ?????

Can anybody help?  Or am I destined to continue to be victimized by this company?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon scamming me and my 83 year old dad! Help!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AlexLTD,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes