Verizon still has not corrected my bill
dexys1972

Does anyone know how to get a billing issue resolved and stay resolved?

While there is significantly more detail (including Verizon causing damage to my property four years ago and working with various people, including a regional supervisor who in various e-mails and calls kept telling me the check was in the mail or that he was checking on why I didn't receive it yet, etc.), the short of my current issue is: to keep my business after taking two years to get my service working properly and the aforementioned destruction of property, Verizon gave me a reasonable rate for tv, phone, and Internet, that they put in the system for two years, supposedly with a note that I could just call at the end of the two years to renew the same rate for another two.

I called at the end of that time (in July of 2014) to renew, and was told that the rate would have to be $5 more (but since I was stopping something else that cost $10, my overall bill would be approximately $5 less).  While I didn't necessarily agree with the $5 increase on what I was keeping--her excuse being that the discounts she was authorized to apply came to $5 less and she couldn't give me what was previously agreed to--I felt it was still reasonable, and signed up for a new two year contract.  The woman on the phone went through everything with me and gave me the total monthly amount that I would be paying ($171) for everything, including all taxes, etc.  She made a big deal about how the call was being recorded and at the end had me specifically affirmatively agree to her statements of what I was agreeing to on a recording for Verizon's records with the services and costs.

My first bill after that came with a MUCH higher rate--no discounts of any type.  The only thing that had been done was removing the one $10 service I had her remove.  I called Verizon and was told--in an extremely rude way by the agent and a person who got on who claimed to be a supervisor--that they could see that I called in July, but that they didn't have any record of what was said, and--when I said they should go back and check the tape, I was told that while they tell customers that the calls and the agreements are being recorded, no recordings are actually kept.  They did not even have any record of any contract for me and said I was on a month-to-month.  Even so, I was told that I could not cancel my account or Verizon could take back my phone number from me--something I do not believe is correct.

After sending an e-mail, I was eventually called by a customer service representative, who told me that Verizon would honor the $171 two-year contract and I should just pay the $171 and it would be adjusted.  I did that.  Four months later and a separate call where another person said the adjustments should have been made and would be shortly, no adjustments have been made at all.  I am still paying the $171 per month as agreed to and instructed by Verizon, but each month's bill shows a higher rate and an increasing balance.

I'd really love to get this resolved as I'm not going to pay a penny more than what Verizon agreed to!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon still has not corrected my bill
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dexys1972,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
qdemon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry to see so many customers being treated so badly by Verizon.  We deserve better but the corporate honchos and their lobbyists are so secure in their monopoly that they don't feel any obligation to satisfy their customers.

I recently had problems with my landline being completely shut down.  Naturally, Verizon made little effort to restore my service and even went so far as to even deny that there was ever a problem with the line at all.  One rep insisted that if I wanted the line restored, I would have to agree to pay $99/hour for the services of their technician, even though the problem was clearly somewhere in their network OUTSIDE my home.  However, a few days after I filed a complaint with my state's regulatory agency, they suddenly sprung into action.  It took nearly two weeks but Verizon eventually repaired the line.

Predictably, they did not adjust my bill to account for the outage.  I had to make several calls and one I spoke with was so confused by Verizon's billing protocols that he just gave up trying to make sense of it.  (Some services are billed in advance but others are not.)  He finally averaged the monthly charges over a 30 day period and subtracted for the number of days that I was without service.  Not perfect but reasonable.

My problem now is getting an accurate copy of the bill.  I asked that a corrected copy of the bill be mailed to me but what I got was two more copies of the previous bill without the promised adjustments.  To complicate matters, I can log in and see the adjusted bill online but I can't print it or pay it online.  I tried calling again but the automated system offers only two options: "Press 2 for FIOS or press 3 for wireless." 

Any key press results in being disconnected. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello qdemon

Sorry you are having difficulty getting your bill information, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
dexys1972
So, it has been over a week since moderator Lawrence C posted someone would contact me and no one has. I'd really like it if someone would.
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dexys1972,

We have let the team know you are still waiting for a reply.

0 Likes